In the recent years, a large number of producers, critics, festival programmers, and other professionals have visited the Showcase. It is a chance for them to get acquainted with the Lithuanian theatre makers, and for local artists to present their work for international stage runners. Our years-long cooperation with the Lithuanian Culture Institute have allowed us to invite delegations of various countries to the festival, as well as independent experts that can help to develop relationships with potential international partners.
The Showcase: Curatorial Milestones
- the form and content have to be relevant and sensitive in terms of the pulse of our time as well as contemporary transformations in the performing arts scene;
- it should explore the forms of creating collective and applied theatre;
- gender diversity should be represented fairly;
- the showcase is a platform to introduce the works of young creators and performers, a microphone for the fresh voices in theatre;
- contemporary dramaturgy and modern interpretations of classics are a priority;
- the showcase should question hierarchies and democratisation in terms of the principles of creative work, the topics discussed, and institutional structures;
- decentralisation is a must, aiming to present the geographically widest possible amplitude of Lithuanian theatre;
- there should be a variety of genres – drama, post-drama, visual theatre, dance, and so forth.